Literature Review must not sound like an imitation, but should have the grasp to reveal its purpose. If a clear concept of an effective Literature Review is understood then it means that the viewpoint is absolutely delivered. On the other hand if a weaker approach is made, it follows that an inadequate and ineffective research has been done on the subject.
There are several explanations for this:
- The assignment is a popular topic and staying current is difficult
- There are few sources of relevant information
- Where there are enormous amounts of published work on that subject area, trying to decide which information is relevant and what is not, can be a daunting task
When writing the literature review, the object is to make it understandable to your reader. This includes strengths and weak points. The literature review should be defined by a leading concept such as the research objectives. And it should not consist of a set of summaries or a list of materials available.
A literature review must include these key principles:
- Combine into a summary your findings of what is known and what is not
- Be thoroughly organized by relating directly to the research you are developing
- Create questions that requires more in-depth research
- And make clear the controversial sections of the literature